Heeeeya friends! Here is my second official Friday Recap and it has seriously been so fun to start doing these! Can’t wait to do endless more! The past couple weeks has been so fun with the holidays in full swing. Christmas parties, ice skating, gift giving, puppy snuggling, and coffee dates with friends have all been on the agenda. Here are a few of the highlights over the past couple weeks:
- You’ll see lots of Libby in this post because we celebrated Christmas day at my parent’s house (with Michael’s family as well!). Visiting my family always makes me want a dog so, so bad. I can’t wait until Michael and I get our own dog. I have puppy fever SO BAD, haha! For now I’ll just have to get them when I can when I see the Libsters! :)
- I loved getting to decorate our own place for the first time for Christmas! We got our own tree, wreath, garland, and other little decor for our apartment! I also loved the place mats my parents got me for Christmas, they match perfectly with everything I already had!! :)
- On Christmas Eve, we got a ton of snow which gave us a white Christmas! YAY!! It was so exciting. Of course, we had to take a selfie. Then we went to the Christmas Eve service at the same church where we met. Everyone lighting their candles is always my favorite part!
- Before my wedding last Friday, Michael and I went out for brunch at Northstar. I think having a big breakfast before heading to a wedding is my new favorite thing. I felt way more energized and ready to go for the day (and I wasn’t hungry at all until very close to dinner, which is a huge win!!)
- Last week, I had the pleasure of being on the Columbus Wedding Podcast! Josh & Michelle Staley are starting it in January and it’s going to be AMAZING!!! Josh is a DJ in Columbus (his company DJ’ed my wedding) and Michelle is a photographer (and friend of mine). They interviewed me for a future episode, we talked all about what planning my wedding as a photographer was like, best tips for brides, what to look for in your photographer, and the why behind my business (and why choosing a photographer with a genuine heart for what they do is so important). I can’t wait to go live! Stay tuned for a blog post once it does! ;)
- I’m really excited to dive into the Cultivate What Matters Powersheets. I have heard so many good things about them and I think they will really help me in taking more time to rest, reflect, and set goals for myself!
- Lastly, Kelsie (Kelsie Lynn Photography) is helping me take headshots for a super fun announcement coming soon! I can’t spoil the surprise, but it’s super exciting… so we did round one of the headshots this past week and they were AMAZING!! I am blown away. She’s the best ;) Can’t wait to share what’s going on behind the scenes soon! For now, enjoy a few sneak peeks of them at the end of this post!
If you loved this, you might also love: