If you haven’t already, read my post on Questions to Ask a Wedding Photographer! It gives you a lot of good questions to ask your potential wedding photographer, from which you can ask the questions below on deciding whether or not to have them at your wedding! :)
After you’ve met with your photographer, how do you know if you’ll make the right choice? Here are a few things to think about:
- Can I spend 10+ hours with this person on my wedding day & at our engagement session? You’re going to be spending a LOT of time with this person, in person and communicating through email + phone calls before the wedding day. It’s really important that you like them as a PERSON, not just as a photographer!
- Are they consistent in their work? Is their editing style the same from photo to photo, from wedding to wedding… or does it seem to change? Do they shoot certain parts of the same day the same way at every wedding? Do you know exactly what to expect your photos to look like after your wedding?
- Are they EXCITED about you and your wedding day? For me, I get SO excited at the THOUGHT of being a part of a wedding! To me, it’s not just a wedding day… but day one of marriage, and that is so special. I get really, really excited for my couples… and on a wedding day, I am always excited for the entire day and to serve my couples that day!
- Do they seem prepared to shoot a wedding? Do they have backup equipment? Do they have a system to backup your photos immediately after your wedding? Do they have a plan if something serious happens to them, and they can’t make it to your wedding?
- Do I know exactly what to expect if you choose them as your photographer? Do you know how long it will take to get your photos, how many you will get, and where you will get them? Do you know how much editing you will receive, and exactly what’s included with your collection? Bottom line, do you feel like you know exactly what you’ll get if you choose them as your photographer?
Of course, you might not have to know the answer to EVERY one of these questions to know you’ve found a right fit… so don’t feel if you don’t know the answer to every question, you can’t move forward with them! However, this should give you a fantastic start on what to ask to get a feel for how the photographer works, their experience, and who they are!
If you loved this, you might also love: